Services for hybrid at windows.

David Todd mobilepolice at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:03:53 EDT 2007

On 6/7/07, Dinko Korunic <kreator at srce.hr> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 01:28:04PM -0500, David Todd wrote:
> > Hybserv is the traditional Hybrid services suite, but it's been quite
> > some time since it's seen some development work. I undertook the
>
> Hybserv 1.9.3 dates from 11/10/2006 which is IMO sufficiently fresh
> release. As there are no reported critical bugs, there is no need for
> 1.9.4.

It's been two months since your last commit according to what I saw last night.

> > effort of rewriting the code in my spare time, cleaning a bunch of it
> > up - but it's still a big big mess.
>
> Where are the patches? Where is that fixed code? You haven't sent a single
> patch so far.

try to #undef or remove 'HELPSERVICES' from your config.h (assuming
you don't want the defaults) and you get:

gcc -I. -I../include  -g -O2 -c helpserv.c
helpserv.c:516: error: conflicting types for 'hs_notice'
helpserv.c:322: error: previous implicit declaration of 'hs_notice' was here
gmake[1]: *** [helpserv.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hybrid/hybserv/src'

Then again, I see your point - with just the defaults, it compiles
fine. Issuing a release suggests thorough debugging though, then
again, I'm not trying to cramp your style (or suggest I'd do a better
job at all)

I've just started working recently, as a hobby of mine - I'm under no
pressure from you or anyone else to hurry up and submit anything,
especially unfinished things. However, some of the things I am working
on include cleaning up a bunch of #define statements all across the
place, switching to a PostgreSQL or MySQL backend for storage; redoing
the way config files are processed into something more hybrid-like.

Like I said, just a hobby. weather or not I get bored and move on in a
few days, weeks, or months is left to be seen.

> > The latest Hybserv is 1.9.3 and does have some compile errors that you
> > will have to figure out, oh and I don't think it runs on windows,
>
> Which compile errors? Why haven't you reported them?
>
> And yes, it worked alright under Cygwin last time I've checked.

Look above or color me blind, then; your INSTALL file suggests your
last compile check on cygwin to be about 25 revisions behind - perhaps
update that? (current cygwin is 1.5.24-2)