Services for hybrid at windows.

Dinko Korunic kreator at srce.hr
Thu Jun 7 18:30:32 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 03:03:53PM -0500, David Todd wrote:
> It's been two months since your last commit according to what I saw last
> night.

I really don't see it as any problem. Do you really think that two months
is a very long period of silence for project that lasts for a decade? :)

> try to #undef or remove 'HELPSERVICES' from your config.h (assuming
> you don't want the defaults) and you get:
>
> gcc -I. -I../include  -g -O2 -c helpserv.c
> helpserv.c:516: error: conflicting types for 'hs_notice'
> helpserv.c:322: error: previous implicit declaration of 'hs_notice' was here

Excellent, thank you. Please report the other bugs directly (ie. vie a bug
tracker) when found, if possible.

> fine. Issuing a release suggests thorough debugging though, then
> again, I'm not trying to cramp your style (or suggest I'd do a better
> job at all)

A lot of code still sucks, but then again, I never had will to to a proper
rewrite. As a temporary maintainer, I took over a dead project and I was
merely fixing a hundreds of bugs lying around and sporadically adding a
bunch of new features.

Having that in mind, I'd generally recommend *avoiding* Hybserv since
there are much better services lying around that do have active coders.

> place, switching to a PostgreSQL or MySQL backend for storage; redoing
> the way config files are processed into something more hybrid-like.

Let me know if you need SVN access.

> Like I said, just a hobby. weather or not I get bored and move on in a
> few days, weeks, or months is left to be seen.

Yup, seems familiar.

> Look above or color me blind, then; your INSTALL file suggests your
> last compile check on cygwin to be about 25 revisions behind - perhaps
> update that? (current cygwin is 1.5.24-2)

I don't see why the old Cygwin would work and newer Cygwin would break (I
can expect only more compatibility), but sure, I can give it a try.

--
NAME:Dinko.kreator.Korunic   DISCLAIMER:Standard.disclaimer.applies
ICQ:16965294        JAB:kreatorMoo at jabber.org        PGP:0xea160d0b