[hybrid] hybserv + Hybrid 8; Debian packaging

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Thu Jan 3 13:39:42 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm a user of ircd-hybrid and hybserv for a few years now, and I've
recently stepped up to maintain them in Debian[1][2]. However I'm not
actually sure whether it makes sense to re-introduce hybserv at this
point. I'll find this out when I get as far as building and testing
new packages, but it would help me if someone could confirm whether
I should expect these to work together. I'm not clear about how the
services related changes introduced in Hybrid 8 relate to external
services daemons (are there others I should be looking at instead?)

Also, if anyone else is interested in helping out with the Debian
packaging, let me know! Development is currently hosted at [3]
(I have some half-finished work in my local repo which is an initial
move to 8.0.3, too).

Cheers,
Dominic.

[1] <http://packages.qa.debian.org/i/ircd-hybrid.html>