[hybrid] Restricting the nicknames for users.

Mark Cunningham contact at markcunningham.ie
Thu Jan 17 13:51:19 EST 2013

Sorry actually that isn't what you're looking for, read your email
more closely. I think you'll either have to create your own module for
this or look for service bots to enforce it if it's based off their
userid. One option would be to have a script to just /kill the user if
it doesn't match if you're doing it manually.

Mark

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Mark Cunningham
<contact at markcunningham.ie> wrote:
> /*
>  * resv {}:  nicks and channels users may not use/join (OLD Q:)
>  */
> resv {
>         /* reason: the reason for the proceeding resv's */
>         reason = "There are no services on this network";
>
>         /* resv: the nicks and channels users may not join/use */
>         nick = "nickserv";
>         nick = "chanserv";
>         channel = "#services";
>
>         /* resv: wildcard masks are also supported in nicks only */
>         reason = "Clone bots";
>         nick = "clone*";
> };
>

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Jack L. <xxjack12xx at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Restrict as in not allow or restrict as in force the prefix to start
>> with that pattern? You can jupe the nick if you don't want anyone
>> using it.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM, SNEHAL PATEL
>> <snehalpatel1410 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> What is the best way to restrict the nicknames on the IRC.
>>> I want the nick to be my userid, or at least the userid should be part the
>>> nick.
>>>
>>> For example
>>> userid = sn6i23a
>>> allowed nicks = sn6i23a, sn6i23a_away.