[hybrid] Restricting the nicknames for users.

Philip Kizer pckizer at nostrum.com
Thu Jan 17 13:59:08 EST 2013

On 2013, Jan 17, at 12:43, SNEHAL PATEL <snehalpatel1410 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to force the prefix to start.
> Bot names might be an exception though.

Many years ago when I was running a private IRC server for my workplace, I made a pretty easy mod to one of the nick-checking functions in the C code to require the nickname-prefix match in that manner (with an exceptions file it would also check against for bots).

As that was over a decade ago from a previous job when I was running that I doubt I can still locate the patches, but I'll make a cursory check to see if I have them squirreled away.

Regardless, it would be pretty easy for any C coder to make a similar modification.

-p