[hybrid] Having a problem getting ircd-hybrid installed via freebsd ports

fwaggle fwagglechop at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:59:32 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Christine Kaplan <ckaplan at icce-t.net>wrote:

> I ran the make, and then make install, followed the directions for setting
> up the rc.conf entry, etc.

Possibly a silly question, but does your "etc" include creating an
ircd.conf from the reference.conf in /usr/local/etc/ircd-hybrid/?

Because I get the exact same behavior if there is no ircd.conf on a fresh
install. Probably the rc script or the ircd process should complain loudly
when there's no config, but it didn't for me on my VM with a fresh portsnap
fetch update.

HTH.

--
fwaggle