[hybrid] Disable direct messages to certain users

Mueller, Daniel DANIEL.MUELLER at leidos.com
Mon Aug 26 17:52:44 EDT 2019

Good afternoon,

I am deploying ircd-hybrid for a classroom setting that will support two types of users: instructors and students. Here are the requirements I'm trying to implement:

1.       All users connect to a common chatroom

2.       Students cannot directly message other students, but can directly message instructors

3.       Instructors can directly message other instructors and students

2 and 3 are what I'm not sure how to implement. I've looked at user modes g and G, but can't think of a way to implement those and still allow direct messages between students and instructors.

Thanks for the help,

Daniel Mueller