can someone explain to me what is wrong with Jack L.

Aaron Sethman androsyn at ratbox.org
Thu Feb 24 16:23:18 EST 2005

It seems a certain member of the hybrid development team seems to have a
thing for removing copyrights from other people's code.  This is perhaps
the most insulting thing one can do in the free software community.  Take
for example the URL below.  That file had both copyrights by myself and
Joan T.

http://www.wohmart.com/ircd/pub/musircd/musircd-current-cvs/src/balloc.c

Another good example is
http://www.wohmart.com/ircd/pub/musircd/musircd-current-cvs/src/sigio.c

This code was based on Adrian Chadd's s_bsd_poll.c and then was wholly
modified by myself to work with sigio.

Another example is
http://www.wohmart.com/ircd/pub/musircd/musircd-current-cvs/src/event.c
which is derived from Squid code.

Normally I would not take this to a public list, but a number of people
have pointed out this situation and it still has not been resolved.  So I
believe the only resolution is that said person be publicly outed and
tarred and feather for such embarrassing behavior for a coder in the free
software community.

Regards,

Aaron