Auto-join / Channel ops config

Iain Grant theredbull at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 21:31:02 EDT 2007

On 10/1/07, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml at t-b-o-h.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         Thanks for putting out the software...
>
>         Two hopefully quick questions..
>
>         1) Is there a way documented somewhere to have users
> "Auto join" a channel when connected?

Thats a client config.  I know its possible with xchat and others.

        2) Setting up a global admin, found how to do. Setting up
> chanops, can't find how to do. Where do I look for how to configure
> channel ops users to the server? (Without running services... BASICALLY
> my server gets about 15 people TOTAL ever, and when I kick it
> sometimes people rush on and get chanops since they "create" the
> *1* channel that we usually only keep running on the server. So
> maybe a combination "No auto ops for channel" and "Ops if proper
> id and/or pass is given" is really what I need)

You get a rush with 15 people?  Thats mad!  Try oping them and giving them
the responsibilites of ops :)

The Ops if id/pass given is down to the services... not that I yet use them
myself.  If someone takes over my channels, I just oper up, kline the
offenders and take ops back :D

Iain