[hybrid] Issue while connecting 2 hybrid servers

arnvid at karstad.org arnvid at karstad.org
Mon May 14 06:24:42 EDT 2012

On 14.05.2012 12:08, Shazz of TRSi wrote:
> I "fixed" the issue in adding the reverse connect statement in the
> hybrid2 conf
>  But does it mean to connect it is REQUIRED that both servers know
> each other ? It is impossbile that a new server connects to an
> existing one without being configured/restarted (in the existing one)
> ?

Yes, that's correct. You need server blocks for both. Like the previous
C and N lines of older hybrids. This is to make sure that servers who
are not authorized cannot connect to the network.

You dont need to restart the server, a simple kill -HUP or /quote
rehash as an ircoperator should work.

Br

Arnvid